Cassia County Clerk Mission Statement
- Incorporate the Cassia County Mission Statement into our
- Uphold the Constitution and support the laws of Idaho.
- Maintain working relationship with judges, lawyers and other
persons in the legal profession.
- Provide quality service to the public and facilitate their
- Maintain District Court as a progressive viable office as
we pursue the future.
- Maintain court records in a professional and organized manner.
- In performance of District Court duties, we will do so in
the most efficient manner possible.
- Maintain working environment that encourages employees in
all departments to reach their highest potential.
- Strive to gain the highest level of confidence from the
Cassia County Clerk Duties
The Clerk of the District Court serves as
ex officio Auditor and
Recorder and as ex officio Clerk
of the Board of County Commissioners (§31-2001, I.C.).
As ex officio Auditor, this individual is responsible to draw warrants
(§31-2301, I.C.), examine and settle debts to the county (§31-2303,
I.C.), keep accounts current with the
Treasurer (§§31-2304 &
2306, I.C.), issue an annual financial statement of the county (§31-2307,
I.C.), and perform such other duties as prescribed by law (§31-2309,
As ex officio Recorder, the Clerk is responsible (§31-2402, I.C.)
Other writings required or permitted by law would include: various
indexes (§§31-2404 & 31-2405, I.C.), certificates of sale (§31-2406,
I.C.), and various other records.
- Deeds, grants, transfers and mortgages or real estate, releases
of mortgages, powers of attorney to convey real estate and leases
which have been acknowledged or proved, and transcripts of judgments
or decrees which affect the title or possession of real property,
including water rights, any part of which is situate in the
county of which the person is the recorder.
- Certificates of marriage and marriage contracts
- Wills admitted to probate
- Official bonds
- Notices of mechanics' liens
- Transcripts of judgments which by law are made liens upon
- Notices of attachments upon real estate
- Notices of the pendency of an action affecting real estate,
the title thereto or possession thereof
- Instruments describing or relating to the separate property
of married women
- Notices of preemption claims
- Certified copies of any petition, with the schedules omitted,
filed in, and certified copies of any order or decree made or
entered in, any proceeding under the National Bankruptcy Act
- Financing statements under the Uniform Commercial Code which
cover timber to be cut, minerals or the like (including oil
and gas), and accounts subject to Subsection (5) of §28-9-103,
- Notice of order of a general adjudication in conformance
with section §42-1408, I.C.
- Such other writings are required or permitted by law to