The Cassia County Courthouse & Offices will be closed on the
following recognized holidays.
- New Year’s Day - January 1st
- Human Rights Day
- Third Monday of January
- Third Monday of February
- Last Monday of May
- July 4th
- First Monday of September
- Second Monday is October
- November 11th
- Fourth Thursday of
Christmas Day - December 25th
If the holiday falls on Saturday the Courthouse will be
closed on Friday before the holiday.
If the holiday falls on Sunday the Courthouse will be closed
on Monday following the holiday.
Idaho Code: 73-108. Holidays enumerated.
Holidays, within the meaning of these compiled laws,
- Every Sunday
First Day of the Year (New Year's Day)
Third Monday in January (Martin
Luther King, Jr.-Idaho Human Rights Day)
- Third Monday in February (Washington's Birthday)
- Last Monday in May (Memorial Day)
- July 4 (Independence Day)
- First Monday in September (Labor Day)
- Second Monday in October (Columbus Day)
- November 11 (Veterans Day)
- Fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving Day)
- December 25 (Christmas)
- Every day appointed by the President of the United
States, or by the governor of this state, for a public fast,
thanksgiving, or holiday.
- Any legal holiday that falls on Saturday, the
preceding Friday shall be a holiday and any legal holiday
enumerated herein other than Sunday that falls on Sunday,
the following Monday shall be a holiday.